Thursday, July 17, 2008

Google Map Lesson

Here's my travel map on google maps and a short lesson that I would like to do with my students next year! It's a rough outline!


View Larger Map


Google Map/Geography Lesson

Traveling Kids

Since I will be just meeting the kids that are coming into the classroom I want to share with my new students where I travelled this summer and where I have travelled to prior to that! With showing them my map and how to navigate around them I will attempt to teach them how to create their own map using Google maps.

The purpose of this project is to allow them to share with each other and myself where they have travelled to, what they liked about their trip, or their favorite thing there. If possible also adding pictures from their travels that they can get from parents, and bring in to show the class. I would also be able to print out a large map of the world (I work at the copy center and we have a large poster printer) and we can tag with thumbtacks or pictures the places that we have been, and add to it throughout the year.

No comments: